Sunday, January 6, 2013

Late Spring on Johnson Farm

So, I am finding this post in my draft folder, I obviously forgot to post it!  Duh!  So, here I am posting just a "few" months later!  Makes me wish it was spring, but then I do like the blanket of snow outside.........it really does prevent alot of work outside ;) !



So it is June 1st here in South Dakota.  To some people their summer has already started, but here in the upper midwest, things are just started to get warm, so I will call it late spring.  The weather has been beautiful, a little chilly a few nights ago; but really nice.  We even caught some much needed rain this last week too.  What a blessing.  We only have a couple cows left to calve; the crops are all up; and Farmer Johnson is (as I type at 10pm) still out spraying weeds in fields.  Here are some photos of what has been happening on the prairie.............


I took this while I was mowing last week.  Ella decided to sit back and take in the sun.


Moooo!


My Dianthus........and a butterfly.




Yes, I am obsessed with my yard.  Please don't judge ;)


My cow whisperers.......



Can you see Farmer Johnson planting some corn????


Hello there three cows!






No comments:

Post a Comment