Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Little Craving

I crave sweets.  Let me re-phrase that.  I CRAVE sweets! I mostly love chocolate and carmel.   Either together or seperate.  But mostly TOGETHER!!  But, anyways.....here is a quick snack that is just carmel....but you will love it anyways!  Trust me this carmel corn is ADDICTIVE!  


Pop - 3-4 quarts of popcorn in an air-popper, and put in a large brown paper bag from the grocery bag.



Next, in a microwave-safe bowl, put 1c. brown sugar, 1/2c. butter, 1/4 c. white corn syrup.  Put in microwave and cook until boiling.  I stir it up before it starts to boil, just so it is all combined.  Then boil for 1 minute. 



Take it out of the microwave, and quickly add 1/2 tsp. baking soda. 




Stir with a whisk the syrup will become thicker and frothy. 


Quickly pour over the popcorn in the bag.


Stir quickly......use a LONG spoon.  Or you will have sticky hands and arms!  Make sure you stir it up so that your popcorn is evenly coated. 


Next fold down your bag, so that it will fit in your microwave.   Cook 1 minute.  Take out and stir.  Fold your bag down again, and cook 1 minute longer.   


Take out of the microwave and stir once more.....then pour onto a large sheet pan. 
 Now.... you can let it cool..... or dig straight into it!

Farmer Johnson and I can eat a whole batch in one sitting.   I wouldn't recommend it,  but it just proves how addictive this stuff is.  I don't know how many people I have given this recipe to.  And, now it is yours.  Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment