Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls

Pinned Image

Yesterday while Farmer Johnson took Miss Ella to her first bull sale, I made these (not my picture - I forgot to take some)  cinnamon rolls .......divine!!!  I picked this recipe, because it makes 15 rolls, instead of an enormous 40-50 like some recipes. 

http://www.laurenslatest.com/my-cinnabon-cinnamon-rolls/ 

They really do taste like Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls.  Super easy, if you have a KitchenAid Mixer to do the work for you.  The super frugal person that I am, buys cheap cinnamon. If I had some super high quality cinnamon, they would be even better. 

I always remember my mother making homemade cinnamon rolls/carmel rolls growing up; and she still does.  She always used the sweet dough recipe from the KitchenAid mixer recipe book.  They were always sooo good.  They were gone within a couple hours.  Growing up with 2 brothers, nothing lasted long in our tiny little kitchen.  If there were any left, it seemed as though they got dry very quickly.  I have learned through researching this recipe, and others like it; the secret is to pour your frosting on your rolls when they come out of the oven.  The rolls will absorb moisture from the frosting, and will not dry out.  Makes sense to me, how about you? 

So, this was my first attempt at baking cinnamon rolls without my Mom.  Something special that we always did together.  Of course, I called her when they came out of the oven to tell her.  I was pretty proud of myself!  Farmer Johnson and the girls licked them up this morning before heading off to church.

No comments:

Post a Comment