Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Pizza Hut Pan Pizza

Another find on pinterest.  Oh that site will be the death of me!!!! So, this is my attempt at homemade Pizza Hut Pan crust pizza. 


 Here are the instructions for the dough: (I made alterations to the original recipe, b/c I didn't have powdered milk - and I didn't want to buy a whole box)

* 1 cup warm milk
* 1/3 cup Warm water (~105 degrees)
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 4 cups flour
* 1 tbs sugar
* 1 package instant dry yeast
* 2 tbs vegetable oil
* vegetable oil for the bottom of your pan

Get out old Bessie - your KitchenAid mixer - my best friend.  The single best purchase of my adult life.

Put the yeast, sugar, salt,  in the bowl of  the mixer. Add the warm water and warm milk and stir a little bit.  Let it sit for a couple minutes, until the mixture starts to bubble.

Add oil and stir again.


Add the flour 1 cup at a time until dough forms and the dough cleans the bowl. Then knead the dough with the dough hook on speed 2 for 4 to 5 mintues.


Turn your dough out onto a floured surface.  Roll your dough out to fit the size of the cake pan you decide to use.  I decided to use a 12x18 cake pan. 

 Yes, this is LARGE, I know!  Farmer Johnson likes pizza, as do the kiddos. 

The website where I got the recipe from uses 3 - 9" round cake pans. 



I sprayed my cake pan, and then poured vegtable oil all over the bottom of the pan.  Just enough to cover it completely.  This is what will give the crust that famous flavor and crunch.  My favorite pizza crust EVER!!


So, this is what it looks like in my pan.  I kind of pushed up the sides so there is a "well" for your toppings.


Cover and let raise 1-2 hours.  Ya, this is a big pan....and what the heck would you use to cover that??? How about one of my cake display boards?  Worked perfectly! 

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.  And get to assembling that  pizza!!




I'm lazy, and my crew happens to like jar spaghetti sauce for their pizza sauce.  So, that's what I use!



A little hamburger & pepperoni.  Farmer Johnson and I like green peppers, but the kiddos won't eat them - they call them "onions".  Anything they don't like, they think are onions.  Silly I know. 
So, there it is -  half and half.





More cheese!


Bake for about 18 minutes....keep your eye on it!  It is done when your crust is golden and your cheese is started to brown.  The smells coming out of your oven, will be making you think that you are sitting in Pizza Hut. 



Another look..............it really does taste like homemade pan crust from Pizza Hut.  As Farmer Johnson was walking up the stairs from putting Miss Ella to bed tonight he says, "Jeesh, it really does smell like Pizza Hut in here!"

I think the verdict is in!


1 comment: