Thursday, May 24, 2012

Mother's Day Window Project

Here is a window that I made for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day this year.  At approximately 3 months of age with all of my kiddos I took a picture of them in a John Deere hat that my father-in-law (the orginal Farm Johnson) bought. 


I have a few 4 pane windows out in the shed, but since there are only 3 kiddos, I couldn't figure out what to do with the 4th pane........So, I decided to search for a 3 pane window.  I found a few at the Antique Mall in Mitchell, SD; but, they just quite weren't what I was looking for. 

So, I ended up going online and found one on Etsy.   This shop - CountryCraftWindows has some great windows if you are looking for something unique!  What great service too!  It arrived in one piece.....glass and all!  




I was going to strip it down and stain it, finish it, etc.  However, I was running out of time.............so I opted for sanding it down, painting it, and then staining it to "antique" it a little.  I took a utility knife to the glass to clean off the paint.  Then I took some thin cardboard to make backs for my pictures, and put it all together.



All done!  I was very pleased with how this turned out.  Someday maybe I will get it back ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment