Sunday, May 13, 2012

Rhubarb Rhubarb Rhubarb

I've been really busy baking cakes lately....so I apologize for not posting much lately.  After this week, I will post some of the 20 or so cakes I have done in the past couple weeks. 

Anyways, I did manage to pick some nice rhubarb a couple weeks ago, and put it in the freezer. 



The best kind of rhubarb to pick has a pink tint, and is no larger than 1/2 inch in  thickness.  It will be sweeter, and more tender to cut.


One of many cutting boards full of diced rhubarb.


This turned out to be 12 cups of diced rhubarb.  It was so tender and sweet. 

All ready for the freezer.  I put 2 cups in each freezer bag..... most of my recipes call for that amount.  So nice and convient to pull out and pour into whatever you are making.

Great for making jelly, desserts, pie, bars, or just rhubarb syrup on ice cream.  Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment