Monday, April 2, 2012

Nothing Like Line Dried Laundry


If you grew up on a farm.......your mom's clothes line was a major fixture in the landscape around the house.  Oh did I hate hauling clothes from the laundry room in the basement clear out to the clothes line to dry.  Couldn't we simply put them in the dryer located right next to the washer???  One would think so.

Everyone loves the smell of line dried clothes, sheets, and towels.... except Farmer Johnson.  One of the first things I did at our place when we got married was put in a clothes line.  It was a necessity to my way of life.  Farmer Johnson complains that the sheets are scratchy and the towels are crunchy.  Not nice and fluffy like they are coming out of the dryer.  Really???  I love it, especially really stiff jeans....it is kind of like starching your jeans, but mother nature does it for you.  Starching jeans???? Yes, people really do that!!  My brother is one of them. 

But anyways, enough of my ranting about my laundry.........I have a project I want to do in my laundry room which involves pictures of my clothes line, laundry, and the kiddos.  Yesterday was super warm here for the 1st of April.  It broke records....literally I am sure it was over 90 degrees.  I wanted to pack up and move to Canada.  Seriously, I hate hot weather. So, I got a wild hair to wash some sheets since it was so warm and windy......and then got out my camera.



My grandmother's laundry basket, which has been used as a bassinet for all three of my babies.


My babies......well I guess they aren't all babies anymore, but will always be in my heart.



Hello Sun!



Oh Silly Girls!



Love her!!



Do you think they are getting tired????


I guess not!! She is so silly sometimes.



This just makes me laugh so hard!!! Look at those faces!


Love this one....


They just never stop....


Please Mom can we get out of this sun yet??? I'm hot!  But oh so cute!


So I need to narrow down my favorites for my project in my laundry room.  If and when I get it finished, I will post pictures.  At least I can say I have some pictures taken for it though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment